Sister City Delegation Oct 17-26
sister city delegation
You will spend 4 nights in Oita, 2 nights in Kyoto and 2 nights in Tokyo. We will be in Oita from October 18, departing October 22 for Kyoto. There will be three Austin musicians performing at Oita’s Yumeiro Music Festival October 20-21 during the same time!
Cost: $3,500* (includes airfare, hotels, one bus tour in Kyoto, and one bus tour in Tokyo) *Final amount dependent on number of participants and subject to change. Meals not included.
If you are interested in going or have questions, contact AOSCC Chair Kristie Bryant by August 15th.
- To help create a stronger bond between the Austin community and community members of Austin's sister city Oita, Japan, a Sister City delegation is being coordinated and open to the public.
- Through one-on-one cultural exchanges Austin Sister Cities International and the Oita Committee are building global connections.
- Cultural exchanges
- Create citizen to citizen connections between Austin and Oita
- Support local Austin musicians who perform internationally
Oita High Points
- Nearby Takasaki Mountain is famous for wild monkeys
- Onsen hot springs
- Oita Stadium, also known as Big Eye, is hosting the Rugby World Cup 2019